New LFS System Boots, But!!!

Jerry Hoover jbhoo at charter.net
Sun Aug 18 11:27:21 PDT 2002

Built another LFS system version 20020816
Everything went fine. But when I rebooted it starts the bare kernel but
nothing else. It boots to init bash.205a prompt no hostname, no login,
no password, I can move around in the system no reboot command though,
no green OK,s on the right side of the screen at boot. I have the
inittab setup, installed the bootscripts, I setup  local hosts file. but
skiped setting up my network connection for now. updated lilo, cp
bzImage & System.map to there homes. I don't know what to try next?

Any help would be appreciated.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org