your mail

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sun Aug 18 09:56:08 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 05:18:08AM -0700, Michael Corbett wrote:
> Am I getting in over my head to take this project on?

Probably. :) But that shouldn't stop you. Some will say install a
regular distro and learn how to use it first before jumping into LFS. I
didn't. My only Linux exposure prior to LFS was 3 miserable days with
Redhat and Mandrake. That's when I started LFS and it's been a year now
and I still love it. :) Warning! You had better not be afraid of
reading! Read instructions, read man pages, read basic tutorials on
tldp.org and other linux sites. There are some great linux newbie sites
out there. I'll send you a list of them privately. Also, read the FAQ
for this site, thoroughly search mail archives before posting a problem,
etc. People around here are great for helping people out and the more
it looks like you are trying to figure things out yourself, the more
people are willing to help.

If you try it, it will be work. Good luck to you! :)

--
Archaic

--
I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution
which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on objects of

- James Madison, 1794

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org