alsa 0.9rc3

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Sun Aug 18 10:02:51 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 06:18, Oliver Martin wrote:

I've the same problem as you : I got the same string "alsamixer:
function snd_ctl_open failed ..."
But if the compiler do not complain is because it recognizes your card
name...
I cannot solved my problem so I cannot solve yours!

    snd_ctl_open failed
    snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory
    I've just compiled alsa-0.9rc3 (driver, lib, utils) using gcc-3.1.1.
    When I try to run alsamixer, it only prints "alsamixer: function
    snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory". I compiled
    the alsa-drivers package with support for the via686 chipset as I have a
    vt82c686b onboard sound controller. My modules.conf file contains the
    following:
    alias char-major-116 snd
    options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
    alias snd-card-0 snd-card-via686
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
    alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
    alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
    post-install snd-card-via686 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
    I don't know if this is correct as I didn't really know what to put for
    the <soundcard> pieces. I just put the same I used with the --with-cards
    option when compiling alsa.

--
Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org