ALSA drives-me crazy

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Sun Aug 18 10:22:57 PDT 2002

I'd made a successfully compile of alsa-divers alsa-lib and alsa-utils
at rev rc3.
by issuing the command : alsactl -f /etc/asound.conf restore (or save or
...) I get the following message:

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory
root:/home/horacio# alsactl -f /etc/asoun.conf restore
alsactl: load_state:1116: No soundcards found...
root:/home/horacio# chmod a+rw /dev/mi* /dev/dsp* /dev/seq*
root:/home/horacio# cat /proc/pci | grep audio
    Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 8).
root:/home/horacio# alsactl -f /etc/asound.conf store
alsactl: save_state:1042: No soundcards found...

The funny thing is that I'd disturbed by a sound of my TV-card output in
the speakers during I read this message in the terminal window.. if I
have not "sound card" how can I hear the sound coming from my TV-card ?

Please help me so I'd see more people having this problem.

--
Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org