alsa 0.9rc3

Norbert Moendjen nobbe at moendjen.de
Sun Aug 18 12:01:00 PDT 2002

Horacio Ferrero wrote:
>     as I have a vt82c686b onboard sound controller. My modules.conf file
>     contains the following:
>     alias char-major-116 snd
>     options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
>     alias snd-card-0 snd-card-via686
>     alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
>     alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
>     alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
>     post-install snd-card-via686 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
>     I don't know if this is correct as I didn't really know what to put
>     for the <soundcard> pieces. I just put the same I used with the
>     --with-cards option when compiling alsa.

See below for my config. It looks like at least the soundcore is missing.

# General Sound
# -------------

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore

# On-Board-Sound
# --------------

options snd-via8233 snd_enable=1 snd_index=0
alias snd-card-0 snd-via8233
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss