problem mounting drives after install -please help!

Joe Joe at joe.joe
Sun Aug 18 12:21:00 PDT 2002

I finished the whole LFS install finally, and i rebooted. The kernel loads
up, then the system tells me there are critical errors on my /boot
partition. I turned off filesystem checking and it now gets past that part,
but when it tries to load the other partitions i get something like:
"/dev/hda6 is write protected, trying to mount read-only" then "read-only
mount failed." it does this for all the other partitions. What the hell? Is
it obvious to one of you what I did? here is my /etc/fstab. I have tried
mounting as ext2 as well with the same results.

/dev/hda1    /boot    ext3    noauto    1 1
/dev/hda2    none    swap    pri=1        0 0
proc            /proc    proc    defaults    0 0
devpts        /dev/pts    devpts    gid=4,mode=620 0 0
/dev/hda5    /        ext3        nodev    0 0
/dev/hda6    /usr    ext3        nodev    0 0
/dev/hda7    /var    ext3        nodev    0 0
/dev/hda8    /tmp    ext3        nodev,noexec,noatime    0 0
/dev/hda9    /home    ext3     nodev,nosuid    0 0

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org