problem mounting drives after install -please help!

Joe Joe at joe.joe
Sun Aug 18 13:13:53 PDT 2002

K let me expand on this: I used a redhat recovery disk and chrooted into my
LFS. If i umount /var for instance then try to mount it again, i get "mount:
block device /dev/hda8 is write-protected, mounting read-only \ mount:
cannot mount block device /dev/hda8 read-only"

ARGH!!! I'm so close!!

"Joe" <Joe at joe.joe> wrote in message
news:ajos31$ln5$1 at shadowfax.linuxfromscratch.org...
> I finished the whole LFS install finally, and i rebooted. The kernel loads
> up, then the system tells me there are critical errors on my /boot
> partition. I turned off filesystem checking and it now gets past that
part,
> but when it tries to load the other partitions i get something like:
> "/dev/hda6 is write protected, trying to mount read-only" then "read-only
> mount failed." it does this for all the other partitions. What the hell?
Is

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org