pppd

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sun Aug 18 15:49:23 PDT 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Eoin Coffey wrote:

> Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:

> >>ifconfig shows it running and the log files reflect that too.  I just
> >>followed the same steps like I did
> >>under SuSE.  The only difference was I had to create the device (ttyS4)
> >>that the modem was attached
> >>to.
> >
> >Dows netstat show a default route?
> >
> >Bill Maltby
> >billm at wlmcs.com
> >
> I havent tried netstat yet, i'll give it a go.  If it doesnt show a
> default route
> how do I fix that?
>
> -Eoin

route add default gateway <your_IP_Addr> [metric N] # metric is optional

See "man route" for details.

But it sounds an awful lot like you are being dhcp'd by your ISP.
To make this automatic, you should see the BLFS book dhcp sections.
Last time I looked they were incomprehensible to *me*, but they have
made a *lot* of updates since then.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org