Gnome-Terminal

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Mon Aug 19 07:23:06 PDT 2002

message

It is because of the TERM environment variable that gnome-term sets.
I use xterm over gnome-term.  However, to fix it you can go into the
settings for gnome-term and set the term name.  I would fire up
xterm and then type: echo $TERM
Use that output for the term type in gnome-term and then vim, etc
will have your syntax highlighting.

Jim Drabb

Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants
Business Systems