portmapper

Oliver Martin oliver.martin at i-one.at
Mon Aug 19 13:58:26 PDT 2002

Hi,
I want to compile libfam, and the INSTALL file states it needs a
portmapper installed. As I can't remember having installed such a thing,
I wanted to check before running into problems. The file says that after
installing libfam, rpcinfo -p should contain tha word "fam". So I tried
the command before compiling libfam and it only said it couldn't connect
to the portmapper. So what do I have to install (or is it already
installed but just not running)? I have the file /etc/rpc, containing
some lines of text. Sorry for this question, but I'm a newbie and
couldn't find anything useful.
Thanks,
--
Oliver