Halting the computer

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Tue Aug 20 00:42:46 PDT 2002

    Thx, now halt work well. I forgot to disable that option ("Symmetric multi-processing support") during the kernel configuration...  Without your help, I think that I would never foud what was the problem!
    Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

I were able to answer that question so I have a member of the community
of bi-processor computers user. I now from the beginning that Linux do
no allow you to power down the computer if it's a multi-processor system
but... I do not known the reason why MS-Windows does not have this
limitation....
I'm sure Linux do that way for a stupid reason I guess!

Horace

--
Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org