Mouse and keyboard locking up

Chris Schwemmer chris.schwemmer at t-online.de
Tue Aug 20 01:14:03 PDT 2002

Greg Schafer wrote:
> Something to try - could be a long shot - but works for me.
>
> Add -Rraw to your gpm command line.
> In your XF86Config, change the device to "/dev/gpmdata"

When I set -Rraw, X starts up, keyboard works, but mouse doesn't at all,
no matter what protocol I set in XF86Config. When using -Rimps2, the
keyboard stops working as soon as gpm is loaded (it's printing random
chars and kernel log says 'unrecognized code').

> Read the gpm docs for explanation of -R

Hm, I still wonder how repeater mode is supposed to work when gpm
doesn't even work correctly alone? ;-)

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org