shame on me

none none at ingenierie.org
Tue Aug 20 05:33:45 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002, Shaun wrote:

> This should help lilo boot win9x from a drive other than hda:
>
> (tried and tested with lilo-22.2)
>
> # /etc/lilo.conf
>
> lba32
> boot=/dev/hda
>
> disk=/dev/hda bios=0x80
> disk=/dev/hdb bios=0x81
> disk=/dev/hdc bios=0x82
> disk=/dev/hdc bios=0x83
>
> ( all your lilo.conf here )
>
> other=/dev/hdc1
> 	label="Win98"
> 	map-drive = 0x80
> 	       to = 0x82
> 	map-drive = 0x82
> 	       to = 0x80
>
> # end lilo.conf
>

> As for installing Win98 onto hdc, the easiest way must be to physically
> swap the disks, get 98 installed, and swap them back.
>
> This results in win98 being installed into hdc1, 98's MBR being
> installed into hdc, thus lilo and linux left intact.
>
> HTH, Shaun.
>
> --

hi,
think i have not enought knows about hardware:-)

ok i see http://btmgr.sourceforge.net.
and it's look for me not apropriate because i don't need a big soft for managing my system.
and it's seems a little big and not easy to use,i can intersted may be later but i think i have some important think to do before.
Thanks grep for ur help
Shaun, i think ure solution is good for me but.
sorry i'm french and some word for me seems to have multiple way,
swap=turn off hd. power (maybe in bios but i don't know enought bios) or physicaly
because it's what i was doing.and i think like u say my win98 mbr is in hdc and my lfs mbr don't move.
i think it's a good beginning.

can me explain if 0x80...
this adress his the same for me?
i think i have a big hole in my knowledges about adress etc.

ps:i'm imprested about all you're help,
fast, goods ideas, effecients,
nice phylosophie,
lfs is a good project in all point of view.
congratulation, people

none
mail:none at ingenierie.org
Quel est la difference entre une chauve souris et...
merde m'en rappele plus, tantpis.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org