nvdia drivers: compilation error

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Wed Aug 21 08:52:15 PDT 2002

On 2002.08.21 09:58 Michael Zwerger wrote:

> which: no mktemp in ( [content of my PATH variable] )
> touch: invalid option --q
> Try 'touch --help' for more information.
> makedevices.sh: fatal error, mktemp failed
> make: *** [package-install] Error 1
>
> I looked up ftp.gnu.org in oder to find a programm called
> mktemp, but it isn't on the ftp.
>
> I would be glad if you could help me...

Its nvidias attempt to have the most complex method of doing
the simplest thing. Dont bother with mktemp unless you want
to. Instead have a look at makedevices.sh in the nvidia tree.
All it wants to do is add a line to modules.conf and create
some device files. I know its good to cater for different
environments but IMHO they went over the top with this :)

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org