graphical startup screen patch for Grub 0.92

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Wed Aug 21 13:06:27 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 19:40, Ainsley Pereira wrote:
> Not sure, don't think so though. I had to use gimp to save my chosen
> image as a 14 colour xpm for some reason to get grub to like it. (I
> use a reduced version of digitalblasphemy's haiku image.)

Yes, I've fiddled with the color settings some more and it seems grub
prefers a standard vga color rgb xpm. Anyway, I've now included an
image with fblogo into the kernel, so I've got an (allmost) total
graphical bootup. At least now my ignorant friends don't ask me if I'm
still using dos when I boot up :)

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans