mysql segfaults

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 21 13:10:54 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 03:45:25PM -0400, Billy O'Connor wrote:
> I am unable to reproduce this with the current lfs cvs
> book(20020818).  Could you provide more details?

I can second that.  I'm running an older CVS build, with gcc 3.1 and
i've not experienced any such behaviour.  If I had, I would never have
commited those instructions into blfs-book cvs.

They don't generally recommend that you use gcc3 to compile mysql.  They
even have warnings on there site, not todo so.  However, i've never run
into problems both in compile time and run time, so...

Did you perhaps optimization gcc/glibc/binutils?

Not much, we can do, without further details.  =/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org