Alsa - drives me mad...

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Wed Aug 21 13:26:41 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 17:42, Mark Ellis wrote:
    On 2002.08.21 13:19 Simone Tuzzato wrote:
    > > More help in the right direction will be fully appreciated.
    >
    > Unresolved simbol !!!!!!!

    That's definitely the problem. I wouldn't bother upgrading the
    kernel version unless you want to, weren't there some strange
    goings on with 2.4.19 ?

    You will however need to rebuild kernel and modules, do it from
    a freshly unpacked tarball. Before you build the kernel, upgrade
    to the newest version of modutils if you aren't on it already.
    There is no point trying alsa until you get rid of the
    unresolved symbol message for the other modules.

    I'm unsure about this line in the output of depmod:-

    root:/home/horacio# depmod -a
    ... failed: Too many levels of symbolic links

    Looks plain wierd to me, are there any symlinks in your modules
    dir ?

    I still have no idea why this happens, anyone else care to throw
    some light ?

    Mark
    Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

I'll re-compile the kernel once more I don't know if I have to include
in the kernel the support of my ens1371 sound card or keep it in modules!
	I'll go back when the compile is over to tell you if the problem
disappear
--
Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org