Need help with CD burner

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Aug 21 15:41:05 PDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:

> Alas! Rob 'Feztaa' Park spake thus:
> > I put the CD in, and mount it. Then I read it; great, the drive reads
> > just fine. I can't test burning today because I don't have any blank CDs
> > (yet). So I go to eject the disk, and...
> >
> > it won't!
> >
> > I unmounted the disk, it is absolutely not mounted, but I can't eject
> > the disk! WTF is this about? The drive doesn't even have the pinhole
> > that you use for manual ejection when the disk is stuck!
>
> Ok, this is really bothering me:
>
> # eject -r /dev/hdc
> eject: unable to eject, last error: Device or resource busy
> # fuser /mnt/cdrom
> # fuser /dev/cdrom
> #
>
> What the hell? And no, it's not mounted.

If you are using ide-scsi for it, and your dev=0,0,0, this ejected mine

    cdrecord -eject dev=0,0,0

I would guess that ide-scsi modules need to be in place. My lsmod shows

    sg, ide-scsi, sr_mod cdrom scsi_mod

I don't think you necessarily need sr_mod (I use /dev/sr0) and I don't
think you would need cdrom either. But my *guess* would be you need scsi
generic (sg), scsi_mod and ide-scsi for sure. Insmod them if they are not
loaded. You may need to do it in different sequences until you hit it
right because of dependencies.

> Rob 'Feztaa' Park

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com