Need help with CD burner

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 21 22:39:44 PDT 2002

Alas! Bill Maltby LFS Related spake thus:
> I don't think you necessarily need sr_mod (I use /dev/sr0) and I don't
> think you would need cdrom either. But my *guess* would be you need scsi
> generic (sg), scsi_mod and ide-scsi for sure. Insmod them if they are not
> loaded. You may need to do it in different sequences until you hit it
> right because of dependencies.

Crap, I don't have any of those modules. What's this scsi jazz? I don't
have any scsi in my computer at all, it's all ide.

Man, this means I have to recompile my kernel to get burning working.

Ah well, I guess my list of things to do on the next kernel compile just
hit critical mass, and can't wait any longer (My mouse, which is using a
USB->ps/2 adaptor, my sony netmd minidisc player both need USB support,
and now I need scsi.

Alright, I'll need to assemble a definite list of modules that I need in
the kernel...

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/