Need help with CD burner

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Aug 22 03:55:47 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Chris Lingard wrote:

> Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
>
> > Alas! Bill Maltby LFS Related spake thus:
> >> <snip>
>
> You need to cancel the IDE cd, then set scsi emulation, with scsi CD
>
> In your /etc/modules.conf you may need
> alias block-major-21   sg
>
> /dev/cdrom -> scd0

Since I use both the IDE (letting me take advantage of bothcommand
sets) and SCSI emulation, my symlink is

/dev/cdrom -> sr0

This is the device recommended in the devices.txt file in the
documentation directory mentioned below.

See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/00-INDEX for some interesting info.
View the file ide-cd that it shows.

> <snip>

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com