Central login from server

R. Bosch remy.bosch at hccnet.nl
Thu Aug 22 04:08:06 PDT 2002

On the date 21 Aug 2002 10:47:18 +0800
Steve Bougerolle <steveb at creek-and-cowley.com> thy wrote:

> That's going to be tough.  Authorizing on the server is relatively
> easy.  LDAP might do it and Kerberos certainly should.
>
> Restricting access to files until authenticated is harder.  You can't
> use stock NFS, although there are projects around to make NFS work with
> Kerberos.

Because of personal interrest, I was thinking of a mounting-command in /etc/profile.
This could be user-specific or related to a group. Just take a look at the "advanced" profile ;-) It uses the the user-ID to determine wether or not it should have acces to /(usr/)sbin/ .

Has anyone more sugestions? Could there be a hint derived from this?

Stay tuned for more info.... :-D LOL

--
Remy

                 //     \\