Need help with CD burner

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Aug 22 05:44:51 PDT 2002

On Thursday 22 August 2002 13:25, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:
> I do have *both* ide-scsi and normal ATAPI support active. Figured
> there might be something related to that going on. I will investigate
> someday, when it achieves "critical mass".
> Bill Maltby
> billm at wlmcs.com

I like to use both ide-scsi and normal ATAPI too, since cd-ripping takes
up lots of kernel processing when used with ide-scsi. With just ide, it
takes 2-4%, with scsi, it likes to take as much as 60-70%. Don't know
why but it's pretty annoying. I only load ide-scsi when I need to burn
a cd, for everything else ide is much better. Too bad this is hard to
automatize.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans