getting APM going properly

Alan Womack arwbackup at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 22 06:39:16 PDT 2002

I'm having some issues with getting APM to function under Book 3.3 Linux from Scratch installation. First issue to resolve:

shutdown -r now shutsdown to the point where the console informs you it is rebooting. It never reboots, it hangs there.
poweroff stops the system and hangs at the powering down, it takes a hard reset or manual poweroff.

I have:

Amptron 9100C motherboard which dmesg tells me version 1.2 APM compliant
I have compiled APM in the 2.4.18 kernel
I have enabled power management in the BIOS which is upgraded the latest which is a couple of years old now.

my /proc/apm

Alan at webby:Alan $ cat /proc/apm
1.16 1.2 0x03 0x01 0xff 0x00 -1% 0 sec

Thoughts on what to check? What to do? How to test?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org