problem with special keys in lfs-cvs (home, end, F1...)

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Thu Aug 22 12:34:41 PDT 2002

Daniel Balsiger wrote:
> hi there
>
> I have a running LFS 3.3 and I'm really happy with it.
> I have an /etc/inputrc file and all keys work as I want them to work.
> so far so good...
>
> Now I wanted install a LFS-CVS (cause of gcc-3.1).
> everything worked well until I booted the new LFS.
>
> Now some special keys like home, end, pg-up/down and F1 to F12
> don't work at all (they seem to be dead).
> I have the same /etc/inputrc as in the old System.
> (which is pretty similar to the one from BLFS).
>
> maybe someone knows where I missed something or where I did the
> mistake or what I can do to get these keys working...
>
> I really want this keys to work.
>
> thank you in advance
>
> Daniel

We have yet to have a definative answer for the cause of this problem as it
has only been seen by 4 people (yourself included) who have posted.  Looks
like the easiest fix is a kernel re-compile after your first boot has fixed
it for the other two who had this prob.  I just rebuilt and ofcourse it went
away.  Try and build a new kernel, your old config file should be fine.
I'm really curious if this fixes it as it has in the past....more than if it
fixes it....why it fixes it!

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org