Need help with CD burner

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Aug 22 16:02:50 PDT 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Richard Lightman wrote:
>
> > * Bill Maltby LFS Related <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> [2002-08-22 18:36]:
> > >
> > > I'm glad you mentioned that. In response to Feztaa's original, I mounted
> > > my CD and punched the eject button. Guess what - it ejects! 8-O And the
> > > [...]

> impervious to the eject button, as it should be, while the file system is
> mounted. But cdrecord will still eject, leaving the file system mounted,
> and from that point forward, the eject button is operative. If the file
> system is unmounted and again mounted, the lock is again in effect until
> any cdrecord operation is done.
>
> cdrecord version is 1.10, i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> Anybody have a later version? Know if it fixes this? Any other knowledge
> that might save me starting the browse/hopw/download reinstall sequence?
>

> > Richard
>
> Bill Maltby
> billm at wlmcs.com

Well, googled my little heart out and found nothing useful other than some
kernel 2.2 discussion saying the kernel should prevent this, but the sg
can do more than CD and the ioctl... End result - nothing found which
indicates a fix has been done.

I am now installing cdrtools-1.11a30 in preparataion for and
anticipated failure in a test to see if the bug has been not fixed
before sending a query to Jorg Schilling to tell me it has not been and
will not be fixed because it is the kernel's job to handle this.

Now, calm down - I am not *that* optimistic!

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org