problem with special keys in lfs-cvs (home, end, F1...)

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Aug 23 00:18:45 PDT 2002

Greg Schafer wrote:

> Possibly unrelated but you should be aware of a bad bug recently
> discovered in loadkeys. If you patched your gcc-3.x to change the
> default arch or you compiled kbd with -march=i686 or greater you
> will probably hit the bug.
>
> If this is indeed the case, compile kbd with -march=i586.
>
> Greg

Greg, and everybody actually,

Any good possibility that this IS almost definately related to the buggy
kbd?  I was the first (that I know of) to have this issue with the six
function keys, right after...maybe just before 3.1 was released.  I
didn't even really bother to trouble shoot it.  I did a complete system
rebuild from the crippled system and it fixed itself.  Three people have
reported that a kernel re-compile ONLY from a freshly unpacked source,
fixes the issue.  Problem is that very few people have seen the 'issue'.
Does kbd have anything to do with console input if you are not using the
loadkeys script?  And what software packages are going to know where the
are, and alter our kernel sources?

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org