in depth getting APM going properly

Alan Womack arwbackup at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 23 11:46:45 PDT 2002

Attached are the kern.log from several boots, dmesg, and my kernel config.

I am trying to get poweroff and/or restart to function.  Both hang after the system is shutdown by LFS and it displays powering off or restarting system.

I DO HAVE screen blanking working when I specificy some setterm parameters.  I didn't see a permanent place to park those parms, do you have scripts that are used to set those parms or did I miss something in the documentation?

The board is an Amptron 9100C
ATX Powersupply
I have to hold the power button 4 seconds to turn off the power
I have enabled APM in the bios, but have all individual controls in the bios disables e.g. turn off monitor, turn off hard drives.

If you've can't find anything, it would probably be best to start
posting some real in-depth stuff. Like your kernel config, the output of
dmesg, maybe even the kern.log (please bzip them first, though) and
anything and everything about your system specs, which LFS book you
used, where your problems are (eg. console, X, etc...). Maybe someone
will spot an error or come up with an idea. <