mysql segfaults

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 23:52:24 PDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 12:38:30AM -0600, Joe wrote:
> Well, to make a long story short it turns out I broke either glibc or
> binutils by compiling with -fomit-frame-pointer. Rebuilt the whole system
> without that and now mysql works peachy. Weird that everything else was
> fine, but whatever, right?

What version of LFS and gcc are you using. My main system (this one)
was built with LFS-3.3 with:

-Os -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer- -s -pipe

I did not build gcc, binutils, or glibc with these, however. Mysql,
apache, X, mutt, mozilla, everything else I've built was with this. No
problems at all.

--
Archaic

--
"Since there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is
merely a number of individuals, the idea that 'the public interest'

- Ayn Rand

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org