Res problems in XFree86

Declan Moriarty tech.genius at ntlworld.ie
Sat Aug 24 08:28:01 PDT 2002

Was it DJ Lucas who wrote on Saturday 17 August 2002 02:33:
> Hello, got a little strange problem with XFree86,  It is now doing DRI
> init correctly, however, it likes to randomly select the resolution.
> Although no Modes are set to use 640 x 480, it sometimes does go this
> low...and yes the pointer is frickin huge on my 19" moniter...lol   Does
> the portion of my XF86Config below look correct? Am I missing anything
> obvious?  This was the case before DRI as well..at that time It ws doing
> virtual screen size when it chose randomly.  :-$

The only thing that occurs to me is that you may have poor or marginal
modelines, or a strange dot clock. In either case, the machine might want a
dotclock of 60.5Mhz, but only get 60, or 61; If it sets 60, it works, but if
ti sets 61 it throws out the mode. Just a thought. Most things will default
to the dos default of 640x480 @ 60 Hz, so X may be using that. It tries to be
clever now, so it's really dangerous.
-
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!

-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org