fetchmail problem

Daniel Brewer dan at brewer.me.uk
Mon Aug 26 02:39:18 PDT 2002

Hello,

I am attempting to set up a mail system on a LFS 3.3 system.  The basic
setup is fetchmail->
procmail->mutt->nbsmtp->.  The good news is that it all appears to be
working apart from a problem with fetchmail (or it could be the mail
server).  As I check my mail in a number of places I want it to keep the
messages on the server and download only the new ones.  This is with
yahoo pop (it is still free in the UK!).  The problem is that it does
not download the new messages even though I check afterwards that are
classed as new on the webmail.
My .fetchmailrc file looks something like this (I haven't got it with
me):

Defaults
keep
no fetchall

root=postmaster

poll pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk with proto POP3 user USER with password
PASSWORD   is LOCALUSER here

mda = "/bin/usr/procmail -d LOCALUSER"

If I force it to fetchall of the mail then this seems to work.

Any idea whats going wrong?

Daniel Brewer

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org