GCC installation problem

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Mon Aug 26 13:51:01 PDT 2002

Alin Chipaila wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I am trying to install the LFS from the LFS 3.3 book and I have some
> difficulties in installing the GCC package. The message eror is
> something like that:
>
> Bootstrap comparaison failure!
>
> Do you know the source of that message ? I am trying to install the
> LFS under a Mandrake 8.2 Linux.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alin

This is bad news for you.  The build of gcc is done is three stages.
It then compares the stage2 build with the final build; and if it
is wrong then it stops.

Check that you are not using any optimization flags like CFLAGS.
Also do
gcc -v
in your Mandrake system and tell us what compiler you are using.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org