how to get terminal colors?

Tyler Berry loki at io.com
Mon Aug 26 14:48:02 PDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, DJ Lucas wrote:

> Has anyone figured out how to change the colors by file extention (like
> redhat, mandrake, and the various other RH based distros)?

Sure. Try playing around with the dircolors command. The default values it
gives are disturbingly Red Hat-like. I use a modified LS_COLORS string
that doesn't make my devices look disgusting. I like the red compressed
files and the magenta image files; I don't like the yellow-on-black block
devices.

-T

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org