APM progress, reboots but doesn't shut off

Alan Womack arwbackup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 27 07:10:04 PDT 2002

I have partially "fixed" the problem with APM by changing my 2.4.18 kernel to not use APM and to use ACPI. I am now able to reboot the machine with shutdown -r now. It did reboot just fine.

The poweroff command stopped at "powering off", but a "three finger salute" caused it to reboot. Before I had to go hit the reset button.

I need to get the poweroff to shutdown as well so when I get my APC UPS connected and power has been lost the machine will turn itself off. I supposed I could just have it powerdown and wait there for the UPS to turn it off, but how does one get it to come back up when the power is restored? Have to check the bios for that one.

Alan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org