GPM support in NCurses

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Tue Aug 27 09:01:21 PDT 2002

* Tyler Berry <loki at io.com> [2002-08-27 16:34]:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Richard Lightman wrote:
>
> > Without support for gpm in ncurses, all you get is cut & paste. With
> > support, clicking on a link in lynx follows the link. I suspect some
> > editors will move the cursor to the place where the mouse was clicked.
> > The bad news is you loose cut and paste in some programs.
> >
> > I tried it for a while, and decided I prefered cut and paste.
>
> Out of curiosity, which programs did you lose cut and paste in?

This can only affect interactive console programs, and the only when
there is something obvious that might need clicking. The only obvious
candidates are browsers and editors.

The programs I spend most time with are mu (my editor), lynx and mutt.
Mu is my own creation, and deliberately does not look for a mouse.
I found the new behaviour in lynx such a backward step that I
recompiled ncurses before testing mutt.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org