QT ./configure idiocy

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Aug 27 10:23:26 PDT 2002

I'm trying to compile  qt_3.0.5. I'm falling flat on my face :-(

It (THE INSTALL) Says:

2.  Set some environment variables in the file .profile (or .login,
    depending on your shell) in your home directory. Create the
    file if it is not there already.
[delicate snip to avoid repetition]
    In .profile (if your shell is bash, ksh, zsh or sh), add the
    following lines:
        QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
        PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
        MANPATH=$QTDIR/doc/man:$MANPATH
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

        export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

this last line fails because it says '/usr/local/qt' : not a valid
identifier.

I suspect a typo. Theirs or mine? The shell is bash. The configure throws me
out 'cos it checks for $QTDIR, and politely tells me to go away and set this
up.

Spot the obvious, anyone?
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org