xterm/konsole: what if not .bash_profile?

Sven Hartenstein mail at svenhartenstein.de
Tue Aug 27 10:34:25 PDT 2002

Hi,

so far I used vim, mutt,... from the console (non-X) where the colors
and LC_CTYPE things go perfectly.

But when I use xterm (is it xterm that KDE offers?), the settings in
.bash_profile seem to have no effect. I created a .bashrc with

     source /home/sven/.bash_profile

which helped to have colors in ls . But the colors and keybindings are
gone in mutt and vim.

How can I have a console in a window under KDE which is exactly like the
basic one?

Thanks for your help!

Sven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org