APM progress, reboots but doesn't shut off

Alan Womack arwbackup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 27 14:26:16 PDT 2002

init 0 results in shutdown to the point where it says

powering off, it then stops there, control alt delete will reboot the machine

init 6 results in shutdown and reboot as it should.  The documentation on ACPI indicates I should have a /proc/acpi file, which I do not.  Will take a look at the dmesg tonight and do some searching.

You can do this with a runlevel switch;

init 0     should shut it down
init 6    should reboot it.

Try those. It'll be quicker than compiling another kernel. <
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org