Mozilla Troubles

Kevan Shea biffcool at zombieworld.com
Tue Aug 27 15:21:11 PDT 2002

I've followed Tushar's Mozilla From Scratch hint, I applied the three patches:
mozilla-freetype.patch
mozilla-gcc3.patch
mozilla-gcc2-compat-abi.patch
plus a patch sent to the list to fix freetype2 support (which I manually applied).

Mozilla compiles and runs okay, however I have these outstanding issues with it.

1. The cursor doesn't move in text boxes.

2. When I followed the hint for setting up the Flash plug-in it doesn't show up in about:plugins and fails to load.

3. I followed the Java From Scratch hint to set up the j2sdk, it seems to work correctly and shows up in about:plugins
When I try to load a Java app the browser exits with an error of:
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not open display!
System Error?:: Success

This is with GCC-3.1 and Mozilla 1.0

I previously was using Mozilla 1.1 beta since it would compile with GCC-3.1, but was having the same problems.  I deleted /opt/mozilla before doing the make install with Mozilla 1.0.

Anyone got any ideas for any of these?

--
Kevan Shea

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org