kdebase configure error

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Wed Aug 28 13:34:44 PDT 2002

Reinhard Umgeher wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I installed LFS 3,3 and now i wanted to install KDE 3,0,2 with
> BLFS-Book as guide.
> But with configure of kdebase i get the following error:
>
> configure: error: /opt/kde302/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non
> existant prefix '' for kdelibs
>     This means it has been moved since you installed it.
>     This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the new prefix.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Sorry for my english.
> Reinhard
Maybe you had a typo when you installed kde libs. like say you did
--prefix=/uops/kde302 instead of oPt kde302..see what I am saying? maybe
you should look around your hard drive to see where kde libs installed to
and give kde base that prefix. or if you have the disk space and the
patience, recompile kdelibs again and be careful typing in the prefixes...

unless you copied and pasted and then im full of sh*t

cheers!
Steven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org