xterm wont read my .bash_profile

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Wed Aug 28 00:24:39 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:11:27PM -0600, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
> > It's not supposed to. It reads .bashrc. Create one and put: source
> > ~/.bash_profile (or whatever profile file you use).
>
> Yuck, just use a symlink. Less maintenance.

Less maintenance than a file sitting in /etc/skel that is automatically
generated when creating users? :) Besides, a symlink limits you. I also
run X-specific aliases and such in my bashrc that either have no effect,
or are undesired, in console.

--
Archaic

--
Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are

- H. L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org