xterm/konsole: what if not .bash_profile?

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 28 01:10:21 PDT 2002

I found that this is all to do with the way that KDE itself starts. You
probably wont be able to use Karchiver because it doesn't have your path
settings.

If I recall, I added -login (or -ls) to the #!/bin/bash line at the very top
of the startkde script. This way, KDE runs as a login and gets all of your
settings from ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc (I can never remember which one
is which).

Hope this helps a bit.

Al

PS - KDE provides a very nice term called Konsole. This is a much improved
(IMHO) version of xterm.

news:20020827173425.GC1343 at schlepptop.rz.uni-jena.de...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org