APM progress, reboots but doesn't shut off

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Aug 28 02:31:38 PDT 2002

Was it Gintautas who wrote on Wednesday 28 August 2002 09:04:
> Hello,
>
> replying to my own letter...
>
> Did a couple more tests, which more obfuscated the issue for me than
> helped :-(

> Tried googling, found nothing useful... I'd be grateful for any ideas.
> I'll try to compile a new vanilla 2.4.19 kernel without the preempt
> patch and see if it will poweroff.

If this doesn't do it, start talking about your hardware, bios, etc. It's
good to know what to avoid ;-).   It also
lets us know what we're up against. Does it die successfully under m$?
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org