APM progress, reboots but doesn't shut off

Gintautas gmlists at centras.lt
Wed Aug 28 04:29:10 PDT 2002

Hello,

> Yes, I used to get that on my old machine (a P2). Never did work out
> what caused it, but like you, I got into the habit of using the power
> switch on the back. Someone suggested it might indicate a faulty power
> supply, but I never had any other problems along those lines, like
> spontaneous reboots (except in bad storms, or while running Windows).

It's a Celeron here. I also at first thought about power lines, but
having not had problems with them before, I concluded that either the
power supply or the motherboard is faulty. I don't really care much,
that switch on the back is not hard to reach. It did scare my sister a
couple times though :-)

--
 Gintautas
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org