gcc 3.2 + libiconv 1.8

Jim Gifford giffordj at linkline.com
Wed Aug 28 08:38:06 PDT 2002

I have posted this as a GCC bug remove the -03 from your CFLAGS. Here is
what I did

./configure --prefix=/usr
make CFLAGS="-march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow"
make CFLAGS="-march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow" install

""James Drabb"" <JDrabb at darden.com> wrote in message
news:0D18940A29184D41AF9D369D0BD40D01EC0618 at exch2k.emsg.darden.com...
Hey group,

I was just searching the archives on the above topic and found some
posts
about gcc-3.1.x and libiconv 1.8.  I finished a base LFS CVS last night
and
I tried to install libiconv since popt looks for it.  I am getting the
same
problems with gcc-3.2. Has anyone found a fix?  libiconv would not
compile
with -O3 -march=pentium3 but did compile with -O2 -march=i586.  However
any
thing that compiles with it just croaks.  I installed mutt 1.4i and when
open mutt to read mails I get an empty screen for the email. The text is
there, just invisible!  If I vim my mail files they all contain the
mail,
just not mutt.  Has anyone found a fix for it?  I read in one of the
posts
that libiconv is now defunct and is in glibc 2.2.5?

Thanks,

Jim Drabb

Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants
Business Systems