Mozilla install problems?

Tyler Berry loki at io.com
Wed Aug 28 21:08:42 PDT 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Jerry Hoover wrote:

> The libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so2 library I found out is part of the gcc
> compiler.maybe there is something wrong with my gcc install? I'm going
> to try to upgrade to gcc-3.2 And see if I can really mess something up  LoL

It was part of the GCC compiler a long time ago, in a version far, far
away.

libstdc++ has updated its major version number now, so GCC 3.x will simply
not produce a library that a precompiled Mozilla will link against.

If you download a prelinked libstdc++...so.2 to use for Mozilla, IIRC it
should be put in the Mozilla lib directory, wherever that is on your
system.

But why are you bothering with all that? This is LFS! Compile Mozilla
linked against GCC 3.x! The Mozilla compile is crazy fun, and afterwards
you get to play with Java From Scratch.

-T

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org