ld error with gcalctool

T.B. van der Molen tbm at home.nl
Thu Aug 29 05:00:03 PDT 2002

Zack Winkles wrote:
> T.B. van der Molen <tbm at home.nl> wrote:
>
>>Well, I'll continue searching for the answer. If anyone's interested, I
>>could post the solution here if I found one.
>

> Please do.

I think I've got something that looks good (eureka..).

Since gcalctool originates from SunOS and a little search on Google for
libsocket.* learned that it might be a SunOS library I removed the
"-lsocket" stuff from the Makefile. gcalctool now compiled successfully
and appears to be running without any problems.

It doesn't sound as the proper thing to do but at least it's working.

Tim

--
"Period Three Implies Chaos"
- T.Y. Li & J.A. Yorke (1975)