uClibc, some problems

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 06:03:55 PDT 2002

Hi,
I just built LFS from latest CVS (gcc-3.2, all of lfs-tweaks). I have a
seperate /usr partition and now I'd like to recompile all programs in
/{bin,sbin} statically against uClibc. So I built uClibc-0.9.15
according to the hint. Even though I only want static programs, I had
to enable the shared lib support or else I couldn't compile anything
against uClibc. Anyway, I'm now on my way to recompile everything but
I'm stuck at e2fsprogs. I've tried to add --with-ldopts=-static, I did
"make LDFLAGS=-static" and even "make CC="gcc -static" (each time with
new build directory) but everytime binaries are dynamically linked:

package e2fsprogs:~/e2fsprogs-build/misc> ldd fsck
        libext2fs.so.2 => /lib/libext2fs.so.2
        libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/libcom_err.so.2
        libc.so.0 => /opt/uclibc/lib/libc.so.0
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6
        ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2
        /usr/lib/libc.so.1 => /usr/lib/libc.so.1

So anybody an idea how I can persuade e2fsprogs to build its utils
statically? Btw, same problem with shadow (yes, I applied the patch).

Also, allmost every package seems to think that gcc is a cross-compiler
if I set PATH=/opt/uclibc/bin:$PATH. Some configure scripts halt on it.
How do I fix this?

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans