how to get terminal colors?

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Fri Aug 30 08:41:04 PDT 2002

Jens Gutzeit wrote:

> Am Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:53:04 +0200
> Jens Gutzeit <jensemann at lfsforum.org> schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> This is a feature of ls, see man ls for detailed information. You have
>> to create an aliase like alias ls -> ls --color=always in your shell
>
> Oops, the syntax is alias ls='ls --color=always'
> and not alias ls -> ls --color=always
> Sorry.
>
> best regards
> Jens

i tried alias ls --color=always and i also tried alias ls --"color-always"
and neither worked it accepts the commands okay as there are no errors but
do i need the quotes?

I have also noticed that other programs that are supposed to use color are
not using it am i having an ncurses problem?
thanks
steven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org