trying to get brooktree tv card to work under blfs

Dimitris Tsagatakis dtsagas at otenet.gr
Thu Aug 29 14:47:07 PDT 2002

>I have the kernel options all set as i use the same kernel on my redhat
>distro and it works thetre. the problems i get with BLFS it that first
>xawtv warns that my x-windows has no DGA support.

Open /etc/X11/XF86Config. It must seem like this:

Section "Module"

blablabla....

# This loads the miscellaneous extensions module, and disables
# initialisation of the XFree86-DGA extension within that module.
    SubSection  "extmod"
#      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension

Uncomment the line above. Now you have dga enabled. If there is not such a
line, add it yourself.

>/dev/video0 and i dont have this device. anyone know how i can mknod this
>device and pass it the proper parameters?

in the source tree of the xawtv package you downloaded and unpacked (and
compiled obviously), there is a file named MAKEDEV.v4l. copy this in /dev
and execute it (/dev/MAKEDEV.v4l) this will create the devices you want.

I hope that helps...

Dimitris Tsagatakis
Greece

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org