Token Ring????

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Aug 30 13:07:31 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> no, eth0 fails to insmod, and so eth1 is then eth0. (so far as I can
> tell)

I'm right in the middle of a clean build and not doing net-tools and netkit.
Or I'd try and play with it this evening.  Seems strange that if moduels are
built instead of compiling in that it would default to anything :-$

ie
# Begin /etc/modules.conf
alias eth0 3c90x
alias eth1 tulip
alias eth2 8139too
# End /etc/modules.conf

That'll be the setup Monday and I'll remove the DEC (tulip) card and see
what happens :S  If indeed, eth2 is now eth1, I'd still have no
understanding of why, as they are explicitly named by modules.conf.

BTW anybody know anything bout using RJ45s pinouts on token cards?  Is it as
simple as a crossover cable? What was that 1&2, and 3&7?  Or can I even use
tok without a hub?

Thanks

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org